Saturday 27 July 2013

LFW: John Rocha AW13

Last season I made a decision to hold off on some of my London Fashion Week coverage, I feel that the imagery and write ups become lost in a sea of the same content in the bloggosphere so I'm giving my images there chance to shine now, first up John Rocha AW13.

WOW, what exquisite drama. True to form, Rocha's AW offerings were awash with dramatic, oversized silhouettes mixed with dreamy fabrics. But it wasn't all whimsical beauty, the silk flowers and full skirts were balanced out with bold colours in the forms of magenta, lime and choral.

Texture was seen in the form of crochet, wool trapeze coats (which I'd give my left arm for, along with the oversized wool clutches) and beautifully crafted silk flowers.





THAT clutch

 photo IMG_6275.jpg

The coats need a special mention, I am in fact a complete coat whore. It's quite likely because I've lived in England for the entirety of my life therefore the coat is most likely my most worn item. These coats have taken my love to a new level. Ridiculously oversized, exaggerated collars and pockets, block colour, trapeze cuts and textured wools- my dream coat tick list has been completely checked. 

 photo IMG_6351.jpg


Seems like although Simone Rocha is getting a lot of the spotlight at present her old pops is showing where that raw talent comes from.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your thoughts, I love to hear your comments.

Coco xx